The Art Of The Smoky Eye- The paramount look that will never go out of fashion.
Why? Because there are so many variations of the style, from blacks and browns to blues and greens. The scope of your creation is endless, just let your inner creative take over.
How to create your masterpiece
- Start with using a neutral base eye shadow all over the eye.
- Outline your eye with your chosen colour using a Kohl pencil or shadow. Use a slanted brush for precise, clean lines. Extend the liner slightly up towards the end of your eyebrow, creating a slight flick. The end of the flick is where you will start the next step going inwards.
- Using a round-headed brush choose your smoky effect colour and draw a line in the socket of your eye. Decide if you are going to fill the whole space toward the lashes with one colour or change for a varied look. An all dark look is dramatic but can close the eyes up, a lighter colour with open up the eyes.
- Take a step back, check both eyes are symmetrical and erase any mistakes with a cotton bud. Using a small blending brush, blend any harsh lines.
- Using a light colour, enhance the brow line (under the brow bow) to open up the entire eye. Continue on to shaping and contouring the eyebrows.
- For a more dramatic look, apply false lashes and a coat of mascara. I often cut the lashes in half and only apply at the edges, a trick used by Marilyn Monroe’s make-up artist.
- Stand back and view your creation!